Making Changes To Your Parenting Plan

As part of any divorce involving children, you must create a parenting plan. This plan determines custody, schedules for visitation, and details about child support, and medical bills to name a few. This parenting plan becomes a court order.

If you wish to make a change to this court order, you must prove there is a “material change in circumstances. This means an unforeseen life event that is substantial enough to necessitate a change in the parenting plan. Material changes can include relocation for work or to care for a family member, a change in job that changes your working hours, a change in housing, or an illness or disability. These changes are normally beyond your control or as a result of a change in the other parent’s life that is also beyond your control.


Read More…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Pin It on Pinterest